Technical Sales and Business Development
Advanced Technology Hydro Turbines
Northwestern United States
Nustreem LLC, of Mansfield Center Connecticut, is looking for a full time Technical Sales and Business Development person to develop new business in the Hydropower industry. We desire technically savvy applicants that want to “make things happen”, with talent that will elevate the performance of everyone involved and who will present Nustreem’s vision with vitality.
This position will focus on the Northwest U.S. calling on a variety of industries from electric utilities, irrigation utilities, private companies, and water treatment facilities among others. Ideally the applicant will live in this area however alternative accommodations will be considered for the right individual.
We are a small growing design and manufacturing company that makes technically unique hydro turbines and related products. Working in collaboration with a platform of companies owned by a private equity firm, the platform engages with a broad variety of exceptional customers including Ford, General Motors, Rolls Royce, Volkswagen, Siemens, GE and Pratt and Whitney. Our platform’s customers are located all over the world including China, South America, India and all of Europe.
We are currently looking for an individual to join our growing business development team. We desire a high-energy, creative person familiar with hydropower or similar technologies and industries that will enjoy a variety of initiatives in a fast-changing sales environment. The ideal applicant will value personal and professional growth while driving a new dynamic company as a foundational team member. The position requires the ability to use the latest sales tools, be willing to learn and implement new contemporary methods and be a source for positive change and education for our team.
As with all of our team, we value employees that exhibit the following traits:
- Have the strength to be able to provide influence as well as the humility to learn from the surrounding talent.
- Engage in the business and live the commitment while having a strong sense of work-life balance and an appreciation of responsibility to the community.
- Lead with ambition and energy while exhibiting tolerance and patience.
- Set the highest of goals and expectations for themselves and their company while accepting the commitment and focus necessary to achieve goals without shortcuts.
Technical sales experience in the hydropower industry with a technical aptitude is strongly preferred. Of equal importance are talent, ambition and excellent character.
- Present NuSTREEM well by representing our product and our values accurately and enthusiastically.
- Maintain existing lines of business relationships and effectively obtain new business.
- Build rapport and trust with both internal and external customers.
- Provide market feedback to help product development, marketing, and other strategies.
- 2+ years of Sales Experience in the Hydropower Industry.
- Strong technical understanding of mechanical and/or electrical products.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Computer literate with Sales Force, Zoho or other CRM.
The successful applicant will aspire to learn, grow and be a positive influence in a small and growing team. Travel of approximately 30-50% will be expected and will include visiting Northwestern American customers and possibly global customers. The salary will depend on experience and talent. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, progressive management, and exposure to both high technology and manufacturing environments. We are expanding, changing, and designing our new company. If this sounds exciting and you’re interested in a ground floor opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to HR@Nustreem.com.